Your first visit to Steamboat Spine and Sports
During your first visit we will perform a thorough assessment and work with you to develop a program using manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, physical modalities, home exercise program and patient education. Treatments may include:
- Manual Therapy (joint and soft tissue mobilization, myofascial release, neural mobilization)
- Therapeutic Exercises, including trunk stability, core strengthening, posture and balance training, and range of motion stretches.
- Sport-specific Exercises and Training
- Modalities may include: kinesio-taping, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, ice, and heat
- Cervical traction
- Pilates exercises
- Dry Needling
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your first scheduled appointment to complete the necessary paperwork and relax a minute.
- A list of your current medications, including dosage and frequency.
- Your referral or prescription for physical therapy from your physican or health care provider. Check with your health insurance company to verify if they requre a referral or prescription. We are happy to assist you, if needed.
- Relevant reports or medical records, if you have them.
- Health insurance card(s)
- Medicare card (if you have Medicare insurance)
- Comfortable, loose clothing or athletic wear. Your therapist will need to evaluate and see the affected area.
- Closed-toe shoes or athletic shoes.
The first visit takes approximately 1 hour
Subsequent visits takes between 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending upon your treatment plan.
Number of treatment sessions
How many treatment sessions you will need is a team decision between your therapist, your physician or heathcare provider and you.
Insurance and Billing
We work with most major health insurance companies and networks, as well as Worker's Compensation and auto insurance. Co-pays and co-insurance payments are due at the time of treatment.